After narrowing down the many delicious-sounding entries, we ended up with a "Fab Five" to prepare, including Greg Fontenot's wonderful Cilantro Corn Cakes with Sauteed Mushrooms & Cumin Yogurt.His recipe was a favorite right from the start. What captured our attention about this submission?
- It's quick and easy to prepare
- The ingredients are inexpensive and readily available
- Its use of colors makes it visually attractive: golden toasty yellow from the cornmeal, intense green from the cilantro, inky brown from the portabella* mushrooms, and soft white from the topping
- The flavors and textures run the gamut from the grainy cornmeal to the lime-accented mushrooms to the creamy Greek yogurt.
- And, simply put, it's unique and intriguing.
The camera caught Greg and his son, Kenneth, in a playful moment!